If you’re about to take time off for the holidays, some simple social media and self-care preparation will help your business growth continue through the holidays and help you have the happiest of holidays.
During our blab (embedded below) we spoke about how to use social media, and do some emotional preparation to be ready for happy holiday season. This post also elaborates on how to create a holiday business plan for positive cash flow as well.
The Power of Reflection To Prepare For Your Holiday Season
Take a few moments to reflect about who you are. What do you stand for? When you take this time, you are more likely to express that person you authentically are.
As Rhoberta Shaler says, “Know who you are, what you stand for and what you want to contribute.” For when you “Know what you value and invest your time accordingly. This is integrity and it will bring you peace.”
When you can come from the place of what you value. you can most easily demonstrate that in your personal and business relationships.
Simple Holiday Success Plan
Once you have taken the time to contemplate what’s most important to you this holiday season you may want to further that by holding it as an intention. For example, my intention this season is to be a source of positive energy and joy.
- Next see if your intention can be used as the theme for your holiday business season. Use the following checklist to drive toward your seasonal success.
- Create memes (quotes on images that you can share out on social media) or other inspiring media.
Develop a valuable offer -What can you give back on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, or Cyber-Monday.
- Communicate that offer either via newsletters, personal email, or social media content
- Stay in touch – reach out to individuals (influencers, colleagues and clients) and let them know why you are grateful for them in private messages on social media.
- Make a list of clients you appreciate and send personalized greetings and gifts if they are in your budget. To make it relatively simple, you can use a system like SendOutCards to send personalized paper greeting cards in the mail (and even include gifts). The art of sending personalized greetings through the mail is having a revival. Sending personal messages whether by email, privately through social media, and/or via snail mail will keep you top of mind during the holidays.
Empowering Ways Of Being in Business and On Social Media
You have so many creative ways to enhance your brand and reputation on social media. Start by holding the intention to bring the best of your brand out. Hide negative posts. Step away from the drama. Find ways to use social media for social good and bring positive energy to the world.
Keep in mind, Rhoberta’s wisdom: “Give only what you’re willing to receive. Be the person you are willing to have come back to you.”
Give generously, be uplifting, inspire someone. Avoid the drama and trauma. Remember, social media is not a theraputic forum. Rather, bring the best of yourself online.
Reflect on yesterday. What kind of contribution did you make? What kind of contribution would you like to make today? Try these on: caring, compassionate, uplifting. Then focus your social media posts, comments and shares to make that difference. Think about what messages you would like to receive and go have a “love fest” online and share your positive energy.
Thanksgiving is a time of being grateful. When you feel grateful you are in a generous state of mind. To start the season off right and profitable, what generous offer can you make to clients and fans? You have Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Now many companies are starting early with their sales. How will your business celebrate?
Our Blab on How To Prepare To Thrive Through The Holidays
Who am I and who do I want to be?
Perhaps you are feeling like you’ve done some personal development and opened your heart, and have more love to express. To ensure you remain in that heart space, don’t expect others to have changed. It is important to stay being the new you and don’t drift back into old patterns. You may want to maintain a tranquil harmonious loving state. One tip to do so is to give up expectations of other people being different and love them for who they are. That’s you being who you are and not projecting your stress onto others.
Take the time before you get into your holiday activities and travel to prepare to bring the best of you out with the following steps:
- List who you love and what you love about them. What you are looking forward to?
- Be that when you arrive.
- Hold the intention to connect. Create a theme.
Self-Care Packing List.
To help create positive state changes through your holidays, create a care package. If you get out of sync with the best of you, think about what would bring you back. Here’s a list of items to ensure you have
Music that makes you smile on the inside:
- Sneakers for taking a walk
- Inspiring Reading
- Mediation recordings
Journal to write down and work through your emotions and derailing thoughts
Come From Joy and Stay There Even if You Need To Leave
Remember if you are participating in the holidays why not start out with the idea an intention to go into it with joy, to connect, share and love (leave the demands and judgments ). Be willing to leave if things get rough. Leave to keep your integrity in tact. If you don’t have something good to say, don’t say anything. If you don’t have something uplifting to contribute, it might be time to go. Simply don’t engage in the drama.