The social web is filled with helpful information and often you will find infographics that allow you to easily and quickly consume everything from statistics to recipes. Other times a piece of inspiration will cross your feed and evoke a powerful emotion because of the imagery and message. Making these images on your own is easier than ever with online tools. Best part is we’re highlighting three that are free to use.
Note: This blog post has been updated to include a fourth infographic tool as of Dec 2017.
Types of Infographics
Wondering what kind of infographic you could make? Think about the useful, entertaining, or educational information you know or can collect. Maybe you have a step by step blog already that you could repurpose into an infographic. Here is a list of types of infographics you might choose from. In fact, this list might make a great infographic itself someday.
- How To’s
- Before and After
- Lists of Resources or Tools
- Statistics and Awareness Raising info
- Top ___ Lists
You could get a lot of ideas for more types of infographics on Pinterest.
Before starting on the graphic design, be sure to prepare your content. Start with the text that you will relay on the image. Are there any statistics you want to research? Infographics often contain a variety of images within them. Gather the icons, images and design elements that you want to include and then get ready to create.
How To Make Infographics and Quote Images
I had a lot of fun using three tools (there are many more available) to create quote images and infographics. What I most like about these tools is that I used the free version of them and they were relatively easy to use.
- Piktochart is what I used to make the infographic you see below. They have templates that you can populate. It will take a little time, but if you like online software, go for it. You can create a professional looking design without paying for one.
- Stencil was super fast because it even supplies you quotes to use.
- Canva is my go to tool for images for social media.
- Visme is a BONUS tool that I newly found and has infographic, social media, presentation templates and more. It’s great for creating infographics like the one we did for 6 entrepreneur growth tactics.